Downloadable Lobbying Databases
Downloadable files include all documents received from January 1 through December 31 of any year, except the current year, by quarter. The current year includes all LD-1 and LD-2 documents received from January 1 to date by quarter.
Notice: Starting on August 13, 2012, the xml on the downloadable Lobbying databases will incorporate necessary improvements.
- A new node named "SelfFiler" will be added for LD-2 filings. Its possible values will be "TRUE", "FALSE", and "N/A" (not available). "N/A" will be used for filings pertaining to filing periods prior to January 1, 2008, because that information was not being indexed (tracked) at the time.
- Node "IsStateOrLocalGov" will be re-populated with correct and complete data. Its possible values will be "TRUE", "FALSE", and "N/A" (not available).
- Node "LobbyisteIndicator" (sic) will be renamed to "LobbyistCoveredGovPositionIndicator". Its possible values will be "COVERED", "NOT COVERED", and "N/A" (not available).
- The possible values for node "ForeignEntityStatus" will be "ADDED", "REMOVED", and "N/A" (not available).
- The "ClientStatus" and "LobbyistStatus" nodes will be removed because their value for the applicable period might be misleading or wrong. For example, a late-filed termination could render that information incorrect.
FORMAT: Compressed XML
Files may be opened in Excel. Excel 2007 will perform better than older versions. Some files may need to be divided into smaller segments to open depending upon the specifications of the computer you are using. One way to open and divide files is using Notepad. When opening in Excel, you can first open with the XML Source Pane to view the data structure. Then you can open as an XML table to view all the data.
The Public Disclosure index provides information about filing and researching lobby records.