1. Request a Senate User ID/Registrant ID and Password using the online form here:
You will receive an e-mail alerting you that your Senate User ID/Registrant ID and password are activated, usually within two business days of e-mailing/faxing your signed request to us.
2. Download the IBM Workplace Viewer software if you have not already done so here: http://lobbyingdisclosure.house.gov/software.html
3. File the LD-1 registration form here using your Senate User ID/Registrant ID and password:
Windows Users: http://lobbyingdisclosure.house.gov/register.html
Macintosh Users: http://lobbyingdisclosure.house.gov/mac/register.html
4. After filing your LD-1 registration, you will receive e-mail verifications from both the House and the Senate. Be sure to view these as they will contain your House ID and your Senate Client ID.
5. You can also look up your Senate Client ID numbers here:
Registrant/Client List and Senate Identification Numbers
6. Quarterly lobbying activity reports are filed on form LD-2, using your Senate Registrant ID, Senate Client ID and your House ID number. Once your LD-1 registration form is processed, you may download LD-1 and LD-2 forms at:
Windows Users: http://lobbyingdisclosure.house.gov/software.html
Macintosh Users: http://lobbyingdisclosure.house.gov/mac/software.html
7. The Lobbying Disclosure Act (LDA) also requires all registrants AND individual lobbyists to file semiannual reports on certain contributions. Using your Senate User ID/Registrant ID number and your Senate password, log into the LD-203 system here:
8. Make sure to familiarize yourself with the filing deadlines here:
9. For further information about reporting requirements under the LDA, access the Lobbying Disclosure Act Guidance at:
10. To view your completed reports as they appear in the searchable Senate database, go to: