Skip Content
U.S. Flag

How to Contact U.S. Senators

You can contact your senators by writing a letter or a message using your senator's web contact form, by calling, or by visiting. All questions and comments regarding public policy issues, legislation, or requests for personal assistance should be directed to the senators from your state. Please be aware that as a matter of professional courtesy, many senators will acknowledge, but not respond to, a message from another senator’s constituent.

Senators' Contact Forms

When sending messages to your senator, please include your return postal mailing address.  

Postal Mail

Please include your return postal mailing address when corresponding with a Senate office.

  • You can download the list of senators names and addresses and convert this into a spreadsheet for easy management of senators' names and office addresses.

            1) Go to  the senators contact page and click the XML link.
            2) Save the file to your desktop.
            3) Using Excel, or your preferred spreadsheet, open the XML file.
            4) If the program prompts you to choose a display for the information "Open as a XML table".

  • You can also direct postal correspondence to your senator as follows:

    The Honorable (Name)
    United States Senate
    Washington, D.C. 20510

    Dear Senator (Name)

        For correspondence to a Senate committee or to a Senate committee chair:

    (Name of Committee)
    United States Senate
    Washington, D.C. 20510


    The Honorable (Name)
    Chairman, Committee on (Name)
    United States Senate
    Washington, D.C. 20510


You may phone the U.S. Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121. A switchboard operator will connect you directly with the Senate office you request.